Now Offering Communion on Sundays
After much prayer, reflection, and research, Bishop Fisher has now issued guidelines for the safe distribution of communion as part of our celebration of Holy Eucharist. We will continue with distribution of communion bread only this Sunday.
The extensive guidelines include thorough sanitizing before the preparation, blessing, and distribution of communion, as well as some changes to our regular liturgical practices to be sure the vessels and elements are kept clean. To ensure safety for all, participants in the Holy Eucharist are asked to do the following:
- Please remain at your seat throughout the Eucharistic Prayer and distribution of communion
- We will take only bread (wafers) at this time. The bread will be distributed to you at your seat; you may stand or sit to receive.
- Please remain fully masked as the bread is dropped into your hands. (No physical contact – if the priest should accidentally touch a hand while distributing the bread, she/he will immediately stop to sanitize hands before proceeding.)
- AFTER the priest has given bread to the next separately seated individual/group after yours, you may take off your mask in order to consume the bread.
- If you do not wish to receive the bread, please fold your arms across your chest; the priest will offer a blessing without touch.
- Please put your mask back on after consuming the bread.
For more information on the theological and liturgical foundations for all of the Bishop’s guidelines decisions on regathering procedures, see the notes included in the bulletin for Sunday. If you have questions, please ask Father Sam.
Please also note that we are again using a bulletin like we produced before the pandemic. You are welcome to take a copy when you worship here in the church yard, and then keep it for reuse each week. Readings and announcements will be published separately.
Regular Sunday Worship
Holy Eucharist, Rite II – In Person and Online
Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
We will gather in the church yard (weather permitting) to worship together following the protocols at the bottom of this page. Services will also be broadcast on Zoom.
If you are unable to join us in person please join us online.
Meeting ID: 647 333 282 Passcode: 850475
or call 1-646-558-8656 (Meeting ID – 647 333 282)
Bulletin for Holy Eucharist, Rite II
Insert – September 20, 2020
Everything you need to participate is included in the bulletin and the insert. You may download the files to your device and/or print a copy. Extra copies will be available.
Please also note that we are again using a bulletin like we produced before the pandemic. You are welcome to take a copy when you worship here in the church yard, and then keep it for reuse each week. Readings and announcements will be published separately each week.
Wednesday Morning Prayer Online
Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m.
A simple service of Morning Prayers with the St. Paul’s Community.
Join us online
Meeting ID: 86581638808 Passcode: 173902
or call +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID: 923 2506 4055
More Prayer and Meditation Opportunities are available on our Prayer & Meditation page.
Here are some details about how we will gather safely:
- Please do not come to in-person worship if you are not feeling well.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before the service begins (8:45 a.m.).
- Bring your own face mask.
- Bring your own chair.
- Bring your own Prayer Book (if you have one) or a link to the service leaflet is available above, please print a copy for yourself or download the service leaflet to your mobile device.
- Bring your own water, if you need it.
- Please plan to use bathroom at home before or after the service—restrooms will be available only for emergencies.
- All worshipers are asked to enter the church yard from the east, either through gate at corner of rectory front yard, or from parking lot between rectory and parish house.
- Ushers will be at either entrance to explain our seating and other procedures.
- If we reach the church yard capacity we may need to turn away those who arrive last.
- You are welcome to greet others while remaining masked and keeping at least 6 feet away, as possible.
- Following the service you will be asked to leave promptly; please do not engage in prolonged conversations in the church yard or parking lot.
- Services will also be broadcast on Zoom: See below for links.
- If weather does not allow us to gather in person, the service will be held on Zoom; A rain announcement will be sent to our email list on Sundays, and will also be on the home page of our website and posted at the church.
(All of this information will be sent to our email list on Sunday as a reminder, and will also be available at www.stpaulsstockbridge.org.)
We realize this is a rather complicated procedure; we undertake these steps out of an abundance of caution, and in a spirit of love and respect for one another.
Questions? Please contact Father Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org)