O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
In this Sunday’s gospel (Luke 15:1-10) we get not one, but two stories about things lost and found. The parables of the lost sheep and the lost coin are told to make the same point: The love of God is outrageous.
Have you experienced the deep and unfathomable love of God? If so, then the challenge is how to respond in faith. That a large part of what we do as a community: Together we celebrate God’s grace, and also remind each other of the need to joyfully return to the world even a fraction of the love we’ve known.
But perhaps you haven’t experienced God’s bottomless love—or you’re not sure. If that’s the case, you are in the right place! It is our challenge as a community to help you find that love. As a community of God, we are call to help you realize who you are whose you are: you are none other than God’s beloved!
Welcome to St. Paul’s, where we know that no one is lost to God.
O God, because without you we are not able to please you, mercifully grant that your Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Altar Flowers are given in memory of Martha Muir.
Lee Food Pantry
This week’s food pantry suggestions are canned fruits and vegetables. Please bring this or other non-perishable food items with you to church on Sunday to share with those in need in our community. (Suggested items for next week are: toiletries and diapers).
Hurricane Relief Fund
Episcopal Relief & Development is working closely with dioceses in the path of Hurricane Dorian. You can help provide affected communities with immediate and long-term support. Please contribute to the Hurricane Relief Fund at support.episcopalrelief.org/hurricane-relief.
Godly Play is
back this week
Parents are invited to bring their children to the 2nd floor of the parish house before the 10:00 service beginning this Sunday, September 15. They will enjoy a story and creative response time, followed by a feast and prayers. For more info, please speak to Anne Skakel (email@example.com) or Father Sam.
Our Next Bible Study
The Gospel of Matthew – Six Tuesday Evenings, 6:00-7:30 p.m., beginning October 1.
Each year our Sunday gospel readings focus on a different gospel. Beginning this December we will hear readings from the Gospel of Matthew. To prepare, our fall Adult Bible Study will explore the first book of the New Testament, guided by Conversations with Scripture: The Gospel of Matthew, by John Yieh (published by Morehouse Publishing). To participate, sign up at the back of the church and get the book (available new, used, or electronically from Amazon). Questions? Ask Father Sam.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Sunday, September 29 we will have one service only at 9:00 am.
- Wednesday, October 6 save the datefor the Blessing of the Animals at 3:00 pm in the church yard. (We will gather inside the church in the event of rain.)
If you would like to honor or remember a loved one by providing altar flowers, the following Sundays are available: Dec. 8. To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the date you’d like to reserve, the wording of the announcement, and whether or not you’d like the office to order the flowers for you (cost is $60).
Worship Teams (If you exchange shifts with someone, please notify the Church Office by Thursday morning at email@example.com.)
This Sunday, September 15
|Celebrant/Preacher||The Rev. Sam Smith|
|8 am:||Pam Drumm|
|10 am:||Natalie Boyce, Greeter|
|Don Temples, Usher|
|John Davies, Lector|
|Ginny Willcox, Intercessor & Altar Guild|
|Diane Dillon & Anne Skakel, Hospitality|
|Nancy King, Organist|
Next Sunday, September 22
|Celebrant/Preacher:||The Rev. Sam Smith|
|8 am:||Pam Drumm|
|10 am:||Tom Skakel, Greeter|
|Don Cook, Usher|
|Martha Bodine, Lector|
|Sebastian Bonner, Intercessor|
|Natalie Boyce, Altar Guild|
|Don Temples & Sam Smith, Hospitality|
|Nancy King, Organist|
|John Davies, Clarinet|
Parish Prayer List
- People we pray for on Sundays: Cecilia, Khali
- Prayers of repose for the soul of Alice MacLeod, mother of parishioner Kendra MacLeod
- Long-term prayer list: George, Jeff, David, Doug, Barbara, Charles, ZsuZsa, Tom, Rich, Ronnie, Karen, Michael, Christy, John, George
- Our partners at Grace Church, Great Barrington and the Rev. Janet Zimmerman; Trinity Episcopal/Christ Lutheran, Sheffield and the Rev. Erik Karas; the Austen Riggs community and the Riverbrook Residence; victims of violence, abuse, persecution and disaster at home and abroad
- Outreach Ministries of the Week: Laundry Love
- Diocesan Cycle of Prayer: St. Peter’s, Springfield
- Anglican Cycle of Prayer: Anglican Church of Tanzania
- Birthdays: Ryleigh Fillio (15th), Nicholas Sereda (17th)