Weaving Our Nets Together: One Service at 10:00 am this Sunday
This Sunday we have our annual Ingathering Sunday, where each of us makes his or her estimate of giving to St. Paul’s Church for the coming year—but with a twist. In this coming year we are going to focus on our stories: specifically, how we came to know God, and how we came to this place and time in our faith journey. And our Ingathering Sunday kicks off that year of joy and discovery.
We are delighted to welcome The Rev. Canon Pam Mott as our preacher for this event. Pam is not only a gifted preacher; she is a weaver! This Sunday she will help us begin weaving our nets together by literally weaving a hanging for our church! Every time we see it, it will remind us of how we are interwoven together.
Welcome this Sunday to St. Paul’s, where we celebrate our collective stories as part of the story of God.
Blessed Lord, who caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning: Grant us so to hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that we may embrace and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Altar Flowers are given in memory of Rita Jane Hansen.
Lee Food Pantry
This week’s food pantry suggestion is peanut butter. Please bring this or other non-perishable food items with you to church on Sunday to share with those in need in our community. (Suggested items for next week are: hearty soups and tomato sauce).
Gospel of Matthew – Bible Study
Rescheduled – Final Class: Tuesday, November 19, 6:00 p.m. at the Parish House
Our last session will focus on the Church of Jesus, chapter 6 of the accompanying book, Conversations with Scripture: The Gospel of Matthew, by John Yieh. Please feel free to join in even if you haven’t read the book or didn’t make any other sessions. Questions? Ask Father Sam.
Ecumenical Thanksgiving Day Service, November 28. Thanksgiving Day is a uniquely Christian day, a day founded and dedicated to stopping and giving thanks for the bounty of God’s gifts in our lives. What better way to celebrate than in an ecumenical worship with all the churches of Stockbridge? First Congregational will host the Stockbridge Christian community for a service of worship at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 28. All are welcome! First Congregational Church, 4 Main Street, Stockbridge.
Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner – After an ecumenical service at 10:30 a.m., First Congregational Church will host a potluck dinner at 12:00 noon. If interested in coming or helping, please RSVP to the Congregational Church by TOMORROW (298-3137). All are welcome, bring a friend!
Sale – Saturday, December 7
Thank you to those who’ve signed up to bake and/or help the day of the sale. More volunteers are always welcome. The more cookies we have the more we can sell! Please sign up on the bulletin board in the Tower Room so we know we can count on you!
We will have three sections of cookies: Gluten Free, Nut Free and Classic Christmas. Please label the gluten free and nut free cookies. Something new this year: pick up cookie plates from Diana or Sam before baking and bring your delicious offerings already plated on Friday, Dec. 6 before 5:00 pm (Office) or Saturday, Dec. 7 before 10:00 am (Church). Questions? See Cookie Sale Chair Diana French.
Volunteers Needed for the 30th Annual Stockbridge Main Street Christmas Weekend
The Stockbridge Chamber of Commerce is asking for your help with this annual tradition. Volunteers still needed for:
- The Holiday House Tours, Saturday, December 7, 10:30-1:30 or 1:30-4:00. (Includes a complimentary ticket to view other homes before or after your shift.)
- Sunday Button Sales, Sunday, December 8th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Call the office, 298-5200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer and find out details.
Census 2020 – Do you winter in another state
but call the Berkshires home?
We need you to be counted! If you spend the winter in another state but live the rest of the year in the Berkshires you will likely receive the Census at both of your addresses. If you live in the Berkshires more than anywhere else, you should fill out the Census for your Berkshire address. It doesn’t matter where you are when you get the survey or if you pay taxes, vote or register your vehicle in another state, it all comes down to where you spend most of your time – the place you call home.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Sun., November 17 Stewardship Ingathering – one service only at 10:00 a.m.
- Tues., November 19 Rescheduled – Gospel of Matthew Bible Study – Final Class at 6:00 p.m.
- Wed., November 20 Al-Anon Meeting at 7:00 p.m. in the Parish House
- Thur., November 28 Thanksgiving Day Worship at 10:30 a.m. followed by a Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner, First Congregational, Stockbridge
- December 6, 7 & 8 Stockbridge Main Street at Chrismas
- Sat., December 7 Holiday Cookie Sale
Worship Teams (If you exchange shifts with someone, please notify the Church Office by Thursday morning at email@example.com.)
This Sunday, November 17
Celebrant: The Rev. Sam Smith
Preacher: The Rev. Canon Pam Mott
10 am: Chris Johnson, Greeter
Matt Fillio, Usher & Intercessor
Vaunie Graulty, Lector
Tracy Johnson, Altar Guild
Natalie Boyce & Vaunie Graulty, Hospitality
Ellen Beebe, Organist
Next Sunday, November 24
Celebrant/Preacher: The Rev. Sam Smith
8 am: Pam Drumm
10 am: Bill Higgins, Greeter
Anne Covell, Usher
Darryl Lafferty, Lector
Ginny Willcox, Intercessor & Altar Guild
Hospitality – POTLUCK
Nancy King, Organist
Parish Prayer List
- People we pray for on Sundays: Cecilia, Stephanie
- Prayers of repose for the soul of Don Cook
- Long-term prayer list: George, Jeff, David, Doug, Barbara, Charles, ZsuZsa, Tom, Rich, Ronnie, Karen, Michael, Christy, John, George, Khali
- Our partners at Grace Church, Great Barrington and the Rev. Janet Zimmerman; Trinity Episcopal/Christ Lutheran, Sheffield and the Rev. Erik Karas; the Austen Riggs community and the Riverbrook Residence; victims of violence, abuse, persecution and disaster at home and abroad
- Outreach Ministries of the Week: Cathedral of the Beloved
- Diocesan Cycle of Prayer: Christ the King – Epiphany, Wilbraham
- Anglican Cycle of Prayer: Reformed Episcopal Church of Spain
- Birthdays: Donald Savery (22nd)